.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Business Ethics Reflection Essay

In any organization workers can face good dilemmas. On a daily basic people ar posed with ethical dilemmas and fork protrude to decide to reservation the correct or the wrong option. Some may not realize but we make ethical work choices at times and may not even realize it. For instance you ar late to work and they have already been given a closing warning. When we come in no one is there to notice that you are late. Do you get in and start working as if you were on time, or do you clock in where your time will be documented and recorded that you were late.This placement is one that my fellow coworkers face on daily basics. I have noticed that when posed with this ethical choice they choose to do what is correct for them, not necessarily what is correct by the organization. We may see if as straining our own behind, but it really crosss ones individualized line of credit ethics. What some may not realize is that business ethics and personal judges mirror each other very closely. In business they ask the same as society, no lying, stealing or cheating.Take responsibility and do what is correct, make the correct decision. The only dubiousness is who do you make the correct decision for, you or the company. In that station nigh have choose to look out for self. When it comes down to making ethical choices that may put one self at guess people chose themselves over the business. This is when personal values may come into play. To do correct by whom, yourself or the company that you work for? In most personal value one would say to always look out for self first.So in their book the decision to not let anyone cognise that they were late does just that. Moral concepts are very identical to values, its one innate ability to do what is correct with in. The same is with virtue, Virtue-based ethical theories place less emphasis on which rules people should follow and or else focus on tendinging people develop good fibre traits (Cline). There are many external pressures that could have influenced the decision to cover ones behind and not tell anyone that they were late such as the electric current economical status.If the country is not doing well economically and people let out it hard to obtain a good job within a reasonable amount of time. Then one would defiantly choose to violate business ethics. Other external pressures could be their current financial state. hoi polloi that are in better than average financial positions or are financially stable. I could continue to list other external situations that could partake a persons ability to make what they may attitude as the correct business decision verse the surpass virtuous decision for one self.If placed in a similar situation I would choose to look out for self. When I reflect on my bringing and what I was taught I was always taught to do what is best for me and my family. unheeding of who may be affected, making sure that my family was always taken administ er of came first. Although it may not be the best choice for all involved, it is the best for me and mine. At the point that I am in life I make my decision very wisely. I first think somewhat who is going to be affected by the choice that I make.If I would choose to tell that I was late and face being terminate and that would put my family at risk for some financial instability. I know that many choice that we are forced to make in our business life can be unethical when it comes to work. But in our personal life they are considered to be ethical as well as morally correct choices. When it comes to decisions they will never be what is best for all. exclusively members in the party want to make the choice that is best for them. Virtue, value and moral concepts are what people choose to live by to help them guide them in their personal and professional lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment